The Age of Online Video
In this digital age, video has become the most powerful and engaging medium for you to reach your supporters. There is no excuse not to use video to attract donors, build advocates, raise awareness, or recognise your volunteers anymore.
The Procrastination Factors
Have you found yourself saying “I want to start producing videos, but…”:
- I’m not tech-savvy
- It feels so overwhelming
- I don’t have the budget
- I don’t have enough staff
- I just don’t know how
I understand. The fear is natural, but it’s definitely something you can conquer!
Allow Me to Guide You
I’ve had over 5 years of experience teaching beginners the basics of digital video production and storytelling and truly enjoy sharing what I know.
Through my customised workshops, I can guide you step-by-step with real world examples and practical ways to apply your newfound knowledge and skills. You’ll leave armed with the ability to:
- take your organization’s video brand web presence from zero to effective
- get much better results without overly expensive equipment
- know what you’re talking about when communicating with your staff and volunteers
- go beyond just “making the video”, and develop a web strategy to drive action with it.
Go Beyond Point and Shoot
We believe that making the video is only half the journey. Your distribution and promotion strategy and execution is just as important. Our workshops cover topics that go beyond just the technical aspects of video. Examples include:
- Why you can no longer wait to get your organisation on video
- Case Studies of other successful nonprofits and change makers using video well
- Camera 101
- Audio 101
- Lighting 101
- Editing 101
- Storytelling strategies
- Interview techniques
- Optimizing your YouTube page and channel
- Distribution and promotion strategies
Customised to Your Needs
Every workshop can be tailored to suit your needs. It doesn’t matter if you’re brand new to video production and storytelling, or already have some videography experience under your belt. It doesn’t matter if you want to learn this by yourself or with a group of friends or colleagues. Whether you’re looking for a one-day “taster” workshop in producing video for the web, or on-going workshops on a regular basis, we can work something out.
Contact us at shuling[at]mediaforsocialchange[dot]com for more information on our digital video production workshops, or fill the form below to get started.